Data from: Geographical variation in bill size provides evidence for Allen’s rule in a cosmopolitan raptor
- cosmopolitan species;convergent evolution;Allen's ruel;bill size;biogeographical rules;1809-2017;Tyto alba species complex;Thermoregulation
- Aim. Avian beak morphology is a good example of how anatomical structur ...
- Cenzer, Meredith L.
- body size local adaptation beak length development time survival gene swamping maladaptation plant-insect interactions
- Locally adapted populations are often used as model systems for the ear ...
Data from: Sex chromosome linked genetic variance and the evolution of sexual dimorphism of quantitative traits
- nificantly different from zero (wing patch size and tarsus length in co ...
Data from: Geographical variation in bill size across bird species provides evidence for Allen’s rule
- beak size;Estrildidae;latitude;Ramphastidae;Spheniscidae;Sternidae;Laridae;Lybiidae;Galliformes;Thermoregulation;ecogeographical rules;Psittaciformes;temperature;Altitude
- Allen’s rule proposes that the appendages of endotherms are smaller, relative to ...