Data from: Heaviside's dolphins (Cephalorhynchus heavisidii) relax acoustic crypsis to increase communication range
- Martin, Morgan
- acoustic crypsis active space communication echolocation Heaviside's dolphin narrowband high-frequency clicks
- (NBHF) echolocation signals. These signals help NBHF species ...
Data from: To be seen or to hide: visual characteristics of body patterns for camouflage and communication in the Australian giant cuttlefish, Sepia apama.
- Zylinski, Sarah
- Behavior: antipredator Behavior: reproductive Conflict: sexual Crypsis: coloration Sensory biology Ocean Invertebrates marine
- for crypsis and signals. Furthermore, our methods may be wide ...
Data from: Consistent associations between body size and hidden contrasting color signals across a range of insect taxa
- Kang, Changku
- Adaptation Behavior: antipredator Behavior: evolution Coevolution Crypsis: coloration Ecology: evolutionary Macroevolution Phylogenetics: comparative Insect
- oss diverse groups of prey. In this study, we tested this prediction in ...
- Higginson, Andrew D.
- in masquerading species but not cryptic species. Taken together, our r ...