Data from: Cruising the rain forest floor: butterfly wing shape evolution and gliding in ground effect
- Flight is a key innovation in the evolutionary success of insects and essential ...
- Bomphrey, Richard
- Mosquitoes exhibit unusual wing kinematics; their long, slender wings f ...
Data from: High flight costs, but low dive costs, in auks support the biomechanical hypothesis for flightlessness in penguins
- and diving suggest that a wing designed for optimal diving performance ...
Data from: How symbiosis and ecological context influence the variable expression of transgenerational wing induction upon fungal infection of aphids
- Tan, Wen-Hao
- protection and transgenerational wing induction. Aphids can harbor bac ...
Data from: Keeping the band together: evidence for false boundary disruptive coloration in a butterfly
- Adaptation Insects Natural selection Coloration Disruption Camouflage Survival Plasticine Models
- warranted. Many animals, have stripes and bands that may function disruptively. ...