Data from: The hidden cost of sexually selected traits: the metabolic expense of maintaining a sexually selected weapon
- Somjee, Ummat S.
- Sexually selected weapons Honest singalling Positive allometry Energy budget Resting metabolic rate Hypermetric scaling
- males can have larger weapons for a reduced metabolic cost. T ...
- Baum, Julia
- allometry body size coral reef functional groups herbivory ontogenetic diet shift size-based approach gape limitation predation size structuring
- invertivores (n=3 species). We then estimated gape size—body size allometri ...
Data from: Is sociality required for the evolution of communicative complexity? Evidence weighed against alternative hypotheses in diverse taxonomic
- Ord, Terry J.
- in the evolution of complex visual signals in lizards. Ecology, and to ...
Data from: Architectural differences associated to functional traits among 45 coexisting tree species in central Africa
- Loubota Panzou, Grace Jopaul
- Architectural trait Coexisting tree species Functional trait Life-history strategy Moist tropical forest Tree allometry
- trees) distributed over a large range of diameters (up to 162 cm). Usi ...
Data from: Weaponry and defenses in fighting animals: how allometry can alter predictions from contest theory
- Palaoro, Alexandre
- allometric scaling assessment models agonistic behavior resource holding potential contest duration
- the allometric relationship between body size and other RHP traits. Fi ...